Bring your passion to work!
Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
is looking for a highly creative and passionate story teller who will thrive in an environment in which he/she is responsible for all aspects of production from pitching ideas to the artistic direction of the piece, including the technical set up and post production details, resulting in a complete content package.
This position will be a key contributor to the voice and media missionary message of
100 Huntley Street.
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned with the organizational faith-based culture and mandate and enthusiastic about creatively engaging people in the organization’s mission. All applicants must include a cover letter with their resume highlighting their alignment with the organizational mission.
100 Huntley Street Producer/Editor
Reports directly to the Senior Producer of 100 Huntley Street
To produce and edit reports and stories, as well as oversee and control the technical and artistic aspects of productions for “100 Huntley Street” as an integral contributor to the overall attainment of the Vision.
Areas of Responsibility
- Receive assignments and oversee all aspects of production from conception to completion holding responsibility for the design, and implementation of that design, to create media pieces.
- Facilitate production needs of producing and editing content.
- Implement visionary concepts and ideas with creative input for 100 Huntley Street.
- Appear on camera as needed as a reporter/storyteller.
- Create and tailor existing content for the digital and social media needs of 100 Huntley Street.
- Research and find compelling stories.
- Create or re-edit existing content for digital and social media channels.
- Meet all production deadlines for stories on 100 Huntley Street, working within budget.
- Work with Sr. Producer to plan and organize the various stages and scheduling involved with the production as per budget allowances.
- Source out filming locations whether studio or field based.
- On shoots: interview guests and get release forms signed.
- Supervise freelance technical personnel on the production.
- Screen content; transcribe and develop scripts, as time allows.
- Oversee post production requirements: both story flow, colour correction, and post mix audio (including music), as time allows.
- Prepare and pitch ideas for 100 Huntley Street production meetings.
- Engage in regular consultation with Sr. Producer on progress.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A university or college diploma/degree in, broadcasting, journalism or film studies.
- Experience in a technical or production occupation in motion pictures, broadcasting or theatre.
- Working knowledge of camera equipment, lighting and editing.
- Ability to edit stories and content packages.
- Ability to appear on-air.
- On camera experience is an asset.
- Must be able to be flexible with work hours.
- Highly organized
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines
- Continuous learner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Decision maker
- Team player
Applications should be addressed to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.