We are Media Missionaries!
Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
is looking for a creative individual who will thrive in the fast paced and ever changing world of broadcast production and is a dedicated team player who has a passion for being involved in both the technical and administrative requirements of production.
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission:
With inspired media we will help people of all ages and stages become followers of Jesus Christ.
Reports directly to the Senior Producer of 100 Huntley Street
This position exists to support the Senior Producer and production team with the day to day functions of broadcast and digital media production for 100 Huntley Street and to increase audience growth by contributing to the strategy and execution of Social Media for the brand.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Facilitate production and digital media needs.
- Update websites
- Build descriptive keys
- Conduct Research
- Help create strategy and contribute to Social Media posts and presence
- Create graphic elements
- Tag videos
Specific Job Duties:
- Responsible for creating and posting website content (ensuring that it is monetized through YouTube where applicable), including editorial copy, images and videos (full program and clips).
- Responsible for uploading all ads, monthly offer and Huntley Magazine elements as well as all sliders to 100huntley.com.
- Schedule articles under “Featured Today” menu on 100huntley.com.
- Update all dropdown menu elements on 100huntley.com regularly to keep content fresh.
- Reinforce brand identity and constituent messages through the web experience.
- Accountable for the integrity of the content on the site/website quality control.
- Make edits on 100huntley.com.
- Communicate daily with digital media team and ensure all standards are being met.
- Assist with creating strategy for growing audience through engaging content for social outlets when applicable (Instagram, IGTV, Twitter, Facebook).
- Edit interview content when applicable.
- Create playlists on YouTube account.
- Create social cards when applicable.
- Review all rundowns and make note of all required elements.
- Screen interviews and prepare time cue sheets.
- Write creative descriptive keys.
- Choose daily closing scriptures.
- Source out any needed visuals.
- Research guesting information.
- Build all necessary keys for daily telecasts including but not limited to: name keys, host keys, website keys, promotional/event keys, hot topic & point keys, descriptive keys, closing scriptures, generic scripture lower thirds, monthly offers etc.
- Create full-page graphics for daily telecasts.
- Input guesting information and guest photos into Inscriber.
- Design and build new lower thirds.
- Export any necessary graphic elements to support post-production.
- Meet with producer regularly to discuss prioritizing of daily production requirements.
- Communicate all updates to the production crew.
- Attend and contribute to meetings when applicable.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Completion of a recognized television broadcasting course
- At least 3 years experience in the broadcasting industry
- Editing and Motion Graphics experience
- Excellent researcher
- Organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Flexibility with work hours
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative
- Strategic thinker, problem solver
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Very organized. Able to work on multiple projects at once
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
Applications must include a current resume, and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith based culture.
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.