Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
has the following position:
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Crossroads Christian Communications offers an exciting opportunity to work within a Christian Media Ministry whose daily focus is to inspire people to a life transforming and sustaining faith.
The preferred candidate will possess an understanding, or demonstrated aptitude, to work with tax allocation processing in a charity and an ability to work with high volumes and strict deadlines. High on our list of priorities is excellent customer service skills with both internal and external parties and a professional and enthusiastic attitude.
Purpose of this Position:
To process A/P invoices and prepare cheques for payment.
Reports directly to the Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Controller by meeting month end deadlines for invoice entry.
- Work with all departments in processing accounts payable invoices and expense reports on a timely basis.
- Prepare cheques on a timely basis to pay suppliers, reimburse employee expenses and freelance charges, including the reconciliation of invoices to their contract terms.
- Provide support to staff in all departments on procedures for preparing cheque requisitions, expense reports etc.
- Communication with vendors to reconcile statements and answer payment inquiries.
- Enter invoices daily into ACCPAC.
- Review cheque requisitions for accuracy and ensure proper backup.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Accounts Payable subledger to the general ledger for review by Controller.
- Prepare in-house entries for charges to departments by month end.
- College diploma in accounting or working equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable processing.
- Possess a strong understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent customer service skills.
- ACCPAC experience beneficial.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Must be reliable, highly organized and dependable.
- Previous work within a charity organization is beneficial.
- Employment at CCCI is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory Police Clearance certificate.
Applications are requested to be sent to Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources and should include a cover letter and resume.