Helping victims of human trafficking in Cambodia and Canada with rehabilitation, care and reintegration.
Many times I have travelled the seven-hour drive through the Boreal Forest Region of northern Saskatchewan to Birch Narrows/Turnor Lake. Many times I have enjoyed bear sightings along the way….
The highway was built in eight months and paid for by the US government during World War II. It runs from Dawson Creek, BC to Fairbanks, Alaska. Back then the road was dirt through forests. Today it is paved all the way making for easier access to the many Indigenous communities located miles into the interior. The access roads are all still dirt.
… I was shocked because so many northern Indigenous communities can’t afford the high cost of nutritious food. A head of iceberg lettuce costs $7.09. Three pounds of no-name ground beef costs $22.00. Such is the added cost of transportation to remote areas…
Two years ago, Crossroads pioneered an exciting media mentorship program for Indigenous youth! The goal was and is, to give high school students living on reserves a positive cross-cultural experience. The youth stay with staff, and enjoy special trips to the CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium and Niagara Falls interspersed during their training.
Every drop counts and so does every dollar that was given towards our clean water special that aired this past December. We are excited to share 6 new communities in northern Uganda are flowing with fresh water because of the compassionate people who understood the importance of this great cause.
I was invited by Lana and Rick Wolf to visit Blueberry River First Nation to listen to their concerns and pray with them for revival and a strong church to be established in the community. I was both shocked and saddened to hear about the history of Blueberry River First nation…
- Castle Streaming Now Free For AllSeptember 10, 2019 - 2:13 pm
- Zion Church ExpandsAugust 14, 2019 - 11:02 am
- Norma-Jean Mainse : 80 Years of Grace & WitnessAugust 16, 2019 - 1:37 pm
- Summer Student ProgramJuly 31, 2019 - 3:58 pm
- Rev. David Mainse Best Blog of The Year Award – Thank YouJuly 5, 2019 - 10:47 am
- Rescue from Human TraffickingAugust 27, 2019 - 3:19 pm
- Northern Saskatchewan Mission TourAugust 20, 2019 - 10:40 am
- Alaska Highway, Northern British Columbia, June 19-25July 10, 2019 - 12:01 pm
- Love In Action: Bringing Fresh Food To Our Indigenous CommunitiesApril 30, 2019 - 3:50 pm
- Media Mentorship Program for Indigenous YouthApril 3, 2019 - 3:18 pm
PO Box 5100
Burlington, ON L7R4M2
Western Canada Office
839 - 5 Avenue S.W, Suite 100B
Calgary, AB T2P 3C8
Cindy Melnichuk, Western Partner Representative
24/7 Prayer Lines:
Email: [email protected]