Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
Has the following contract position available:
CEO Liaison/Partner Relations Coordinator
Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. (CCCI) is looking to fill a key role within the corporate department providing direct support to the CEO in the achievement of her annual fundraising target and in building loyal and lasting relationships with Major Donors and Foundations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is very relational and thrives in a busy, fact paced environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who understands and supports the Vision and culture of CCCI.
Organization and Reporting:
Crossroads provides relevant messages of faith and inspiration for millions of Canadians and has done so for 50 years. Its mission is to convey the unchanging message of God’s love to people around the world.
This position is a full time, on-site role and reports to the CEO and also receives direction from the CDO, (Chief Development Officer).
- In coordination with the Executive Assistant, manage development-related meetings, calls and other tasks of the CEO.
- Manage CEO’s development-related correspondence, reports and proposals including writing or assistance in writing, distribution and follow up.
- Participate, with the CDO and Major Donor Consultant, in donor-centric strategic planning of the CEO’s caseload.
- In coordination with the CEO, manage the day-to-day/week-to-week implementation of the CEO’s caseload strategy including calls, meetings, emails, gifts, thank you cards and letters, proposals and more.
- Participate, with the CDO and Communications Director, in the creation of donor specific proposals and prepare such proposals for presentation.
- Keep caseload donor files in CRM up to date with relevant information for the use of the CEO.
- Attend internal and external development-related events and meetings with the CEO when requested.
- Prepare and send development related correspondence as prepared or requested by CEO or created by Development and Marketing Depts.
- Enter donor notes and make donor updates in CRM.
- Email, phone or text donors on CEO’s behalf as requested
- Review development related written content intended for CEO’s caseload donors when created by other parties to ensure accuracy, completeness etc.
- Obtain and prepare donor related materials for use by CEO.
- In coordination with CDO and Marketing Dept. ensure ready supply of donor printed and video materials suitable for CEO’s caseload donors.
- Obtain CEO’s caseload donor related communication and information from Executive Assistant and other sources as needed.
- Create donor background information packages to include, contact history, donation history, and any pertinent information/news related to the donor for the CEO’s visit/phone call.
- Initiate donor contact to arrange visits with donors and coordinate with Executive Assistant.
- Prompt CEO to make donor contact as per donor plan or as special needs arise and schedule such contact for CEO.
- Monitor and respond promptly to donor e-mails, phone calls.
Donor and Foundation Proposals
- Coordinate written and graphic content of proposals with CDO, Communications Director and others for proposals and follow up reports including management of delivery schedule.
- Track/follow up on approval process and provide detailed reports on status and activity as requested.
- Oversee the identification, research and qualification of new foundations.
- Invite and confirm selected donors to planned events and track response.
- Manage booking of event venue, food, resources etc.
- Travel with CEO to events to oversee coordination of event.
- Attend weekly update and planning meeting with CDO and Partner Relations Representatives.
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly phone meeting with Major Donor Consultant.
- Prepare regular reports for CEO and CDO on caseload donation activity.
- Utilize relevant books, video, newsletters to advance major donor development skills and understanding.
Qualifications and Attributes:
The preferred candidate will have the following education, experience and personal attributes:
- Must have Post-Secondary Education or higher. Development courses preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years working within a robust Development operation or CEO office where fundraising was a significant component.
- Professional demeanor
- Work well under pressure and in fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- project management skills
- Self-directed, takes initiative
- Very Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Multi tasker
- Discreet with confidential information
- Goal oriented
As part of the recruitment process we will require participation in a criminal background check.
We invite you to send a cover letter and resume no later than August 15, 2017 to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources
Your cover letter should include a brief explanation of your knowledge of CCCI, and YES TV and why you feel you would be a good fit for our team given our operational focus.