We are Media Missionaries!
Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
is looking for an exceptional writer who has a proven strength in offering persuasive and compelling written copy to engage our constituents with our media mission in the role of:
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission:
With inspired media we will help people of all ages and stages become followers of Jesus Christ.
Reports directly to the Director of Donor Marketing
The Copywriter will support the development goals of revenue generation, donor acquisition, donor retention and donor communication. The Copywriter will apply vision, mission, goals and strategies to brand and development plans including Reach magazine, broadcast, direct mail, marketing campaigns, articles, brochures, catalogs and more.
- Lead centralized copywriting functions, style and best practices.
- Ensure marketing projects include strong, accurate and creative communications messages.
- Support and contribute to the day to day execution of all development marketing initiatives
- Play a critical role in the tactical planning, writing and editing of bi-monthly Reach Magazine, bi-weekly enewsletter and daily email campaigns
- Write engaging, persuasive and informative material
- Responsible for research, proofreading, editing and rewriting when applicable
Specific Job Duties:
- Write development marketing materials including: campaign titles, slogans, scripts, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, content articles, online and print ads, enewsletters
- Work alongside of Director Donor Marketing with senior management on executive projects with writing, proofing or editing proposals, presentations, invitations, etc.
- Ensure brand voice in marketing through Crossroads corporate and legacy brands including 100 Huntley Street, Context Beyond the Headlines, 24/7 Prayer Lines, Crossroads Cares, etc.
- Develop creative concepts, campaigns, scripts, copy, ads as needed
- Ensure brand voice is accurate and updated on websites
- Write, proof, edit email campaigns using Mail chimp and Constant Contact, includes A/B testing
- Proof all email appeal letters
- Proof integrated content placed on new platforms
- Assist in promotions for events including marketing collateral like post cards, brochures, invitations, online ads
- Monitor and recommend improvements to strategy of websites and digital media platforms for development purposes
- Attend weekly planning and update meetings
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree or Diploma or relevant and proven industry experience in English, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, PR, Fundraising or Marketing.
- At least 3 years of direct experience in a marketing or development environment, with at least 2 years copywriting. Solid experience capturing multiple voices, editing and developing campaigns to support business goals
- Acceptable reference checks within marketing, advertising, fundraising or broadcast industry
- Demonstrated passion for building brand advocacy
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent researcher and interviewing skills
- Eye for detail
- Pride in delivering great work and on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative
- Strategic thinker, problem solver
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Able to prioritize
- Very organized. Able to work on multiple projects at once
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
Applications must include a current resume, and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith based culture.
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.