Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
has an exciting employment opportunity!
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages providing relevant messages of faith and inspiration for millions of Canadians. We are currently looking to add a dynamic individual to our Marketing and Communications team for the full-time permanent position of:
Development Producer Editor
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroads’ organizational mission:
With inspired media we will help people of all ages and stages become followers of Jesus Christ.
Due to the nature of this position and the Christian faith-based content focus, it is essential that the successful candidate support the work of Crossroads Christian Communications, be familiar with and aligned to Christian ideology that inspires and informs our mission and vision. If you desire to use your creative skills to create content to make the name of Jesus famous, we encourage you to apply. A cover letter must accompany your resume which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization based on these requirements.
Purpose of Position:
The Development Producer Editor role mainly supports fundraising initiatives for the mission of Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, the Development Producer Editor contributes to the compelling storytelling of ministry impact and persuasive invitation of financial support for the charity and its programs which exist for overall attainment of our Vision.
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Implement visionary concepts and ideas for productions with creative input into aspects that include graphic design, writing, DSLR camera, editing, motion graphics and audio.
- Ensure that all production related legislative, contractual or other regulatory administration is being carried out.
- Plan and organize to meet deadlines throughout the various stages and scheduling involved with the production.
- Make vital decisions on length and content of the production.
- Stay informed on video fundraising trends in broadcast and social media
- Develop promotional spots including but not limited to creative concepts, writing scripts, sourcing footage, shooting camera or directing shoots, video editing in a MAC environment, motion graphics and publishing with closed captions. This includes and is not limited to: campaign advertising spots, ministry offer promos, program highlight reels, program fundraising spots, ministry impact reels, new program launches, event commercials, behind-the-scenes storytelling, telethon campaign videos, social media and online fundraising videos and more
- Receive assignments and follow brand guidelines and technical standards throughout all aspects of production from conception to completion.
- Engage with marketing team, Show Runners, editors and other production personnel.
- Select and/or commission music composition, provide music clearance information.
- Actively participate in team’s creative sessions
- Create marketing content for various target markets
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A university of college diploma/degree in broadcasting, journalism, new media or film studies
- 3 years’ experience in marketing, video production, broadcasting, film or social media
The Chosen Candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Working knowledge of Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and file-based workflows
- 1 year of non-profit marketing copywriting
- Be Creative and innovative
- A natural storyteller
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, corporate environment
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing needs and conditions that may have tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and excellent proof-reading skills
- Above average organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines efficiently and simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, collaborate on projects
- Committed to continuous learning
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Group RSP contributions
- Paid time off benefits
- Open office, friendly, collaborative and high energy environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
How to Apply
Send resume and a cover letter to Amy Laforet, Director Marketing and Communications
Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. We thank all applicants in advance but due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted.
Applications internally and externally will be considered. Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. is an Employment Equity Employer.