Reports directly to the Chief of Staff and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage corporate communications for Crossroads and CEO brand and voice.
- Oversee all corporate communications for the Crossroads/YES TV brand and voice.
- Lead in writing or assigning writing, editing and strategy for public articles, interviews and speeches.
- Develop and implement corporate and CEO communications strategy for Crossroads/YES TV
- Direct strategy and manage external communications and publicity agency relationships for all CCCI content.
Specific Job Duties:
- Meet with the CEO on a weekly basis to craft the planning, response and calendar strategy for the CEO voice of CCCI/YES TV.
- Craft all communication drafts using the CEO voice brand.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a corporate issues management process (crisis communications) and provide key leadership to C-Suite on reputation management and risk.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic and agile communications plan that drives audience growth, advocacy and CEO voice across multiple channels.
- Create and write content to support Crossroads e-news communications to constituents.
- Write content to support the Corporate magazine when requested, ensuring it meets organizational goals and targets.
- Support content for various communications channels (email, web, print) that help tell the Crossroads story and build brand awareness, engagement and audience growth.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Minimum of five years of strategic communications/PR experience
- Excellent communication skills. Writing excellence when crafting internal and external corporate communications, including memos, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Ability to translate key strategic business issues into messaging that resonates with media, influencers, partners and constituents.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others while driving measurable results.
- Foundational knowledge of fundraising environments an asset as well as media and broadcast environments
- Strong working knowledge of a wide range of communications tools and social media platforms
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or faith-based setting, preferred
Experience in providing innovative and creative solutions in a resource-constrained environment, preferred
- Committed to team excellence
- Effective leader and influencer
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressure environment with an aptitude to handle change
- Eye for detail
- Pride in delivering great work and on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative
- Strategic thinker, problem solver
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Able to prioritize
- Very organized. Able to work on multiple projects at once
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
How to Apply:
Please forward a current resume, and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith-based culture to:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources
Applications internally and externally will be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest although only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crossroads Christian Communications is committed to equal opportunity employment