The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens; Prov 3:19
Did you know:
- Across the world, 59 million children and 65 million adolescents are out of school.
- More than 120 million children do not complete primary education.
- AIDS decreases in villages where there are primary schools.
- Female education results in more productive farming and decline in malnutrition (majority of farmers in developing countries are women)
- A child whose mother can read is 50% more likely to live past the age of 5
“Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
Education reduces poverty, boosts economic growth and increases income. It increases a person’s chances of having a healthy life, reduces maternal deaths, and combats diseases such as HIV and AIDS. Education can promote gender equality, reduce child marriage, and promote peace. In sum, education is one of the most important investments a country can make in its people and its future. There is a direct and indisputable link between access to quality education and economic and social development. Education has the power to make the world a better place.
We have over 2500 children that want to attend school this year in Zambia and Uganda. Unfortunately, they don’t have the $25 it will cost for them to get their school supplies and uniform.
Can you help? Your $25 gift will bless a child and enable them to go to school. You will be inspiring them to hope for a better future and giving them the opportunity to improve their circumstances through education. You will also be helping local widows who are hired to sew the uniforms. It is a double blessing!
Blessed is the one who finds wisdom.
Blessed is the one who gains understanding.
Will you consider blessing a child and widow?
Visit www.crossroads.ca/educatingforchange to donate.