Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
Has the following contract position available:
Graphic Designer & Video Producer
Purpose of Position:
This position has the dual responsibility of Graphic Designer and Video Producer and exists to conceptualize and design graphic material, edit video content, and create motion graphics for use on-air, mobile, online, and in print for Crossroads Global Media Group which includes, Crossroads Christian Communications Inc., YES TV, and Tricord Media Inc.
Reports directly to the Director of Integrated Marketing. Also has functional relationships with the Web Development Team, Producers, and Communications and the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Creation of brand visual identities.
- Design materials for promotions, development, marketing, product generation, and internal needs.
- Layout of print materials including monthly magazine, brochures, post cards etc.
- Produce and edit video promos.
- Contribute creative ideas within a team atmosphere. (Other team Designers, Director of Communications, Promotions Coordinator, and Chief Marketing Officer.)
- Work with Production and Marketing teams to conceptualize and design ad campaigns, promoting ministry content to both the public and donors.
- Create on-air IDs/bugs, lower-thirds.
- Produce video promos and sizzle reels.
- Create dynamic motion graphics for on-air use.
- Assist in the creation of regular online contests along with the Web Developer and Social Media Coordinator.
- Design promotional materials, including print ads, trade show signage, one sheets.
- Create DVD/Blu-Ray/CD packaging artwork.
- Design corporate branded materials/internal signage.
- Work in conjunction with producers to develop graphics for new production content as needed.
- Source supplier quotes for print projects, file appropriate accounting paperwork when making purchases.
- Degree or Diploma or relevant and proven industry experience in Graphic Design.
- Strong Command of Adobe Creative Suite Programs: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere.
- Solid understanding of print pre-press, web graphic specifications.
- Solid understanding of broadcast standards for video.
- Proven demonstration of understanding and knowledge of design theory, including: layout composition, digital photo manipulation, typography, and vector graphics.
- An eye for design.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver an asset.
The Chosen Candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Passion for creativity and design.
- Desire for continuous learning of new design skills based on current technology and trends.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with a number of departments and team members.
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines even with short turnaround times.
- Able to set and manage priorities.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Applications must include a current resume, portfolio links and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of your knowledge of Crossroads and why you feel you would be a good fit for our team and culture. Applications will be received no later than October 31, 2017 and should be addressed to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.