Purpose of Position:
This position has the primary responsibility of Graphic Designer, with additional duties as Video Producer, and exists to conceptualize and design graphic material, edit video content, and create motion graphics for use on-air, mobile, online, and in print supporting marketing and fundraising campaigns.
Reports directly to the Director of Donor Marketing.
Holds the responsibility for developing and leading the prospect research and pipeline management function of the Major Gifts Program.
- Creation of brand visual identities.
- Contribute creative ideas within a team atmosphere. (Other team Designers, Director of Donor Marketing, Chief Development Officer and various Show Runners.)
- Work with Development and Marketing teams to conceptualize and design campaigns, promoting content to both the public and internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the creation of regular fundraising campaigns.
- Design materials for fundraising, promotions, marketing, product generation, and internal needs.
- Design promotional materials, including print ads, trade show signage, one sheets and power point presentations.
- Design corporate branded materials/internal signage.
- Work in conjunction with producers to develop graphics for TV production content as needed.
- Design look and layout of organizational websites and microsites.
- Create regular print ads promoting programming (sometimes including concept and copy) as part of contra-sales or promotional agreements, ensure all files align with specific pre-press specs and are forwarded to appropriate external contacts.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or Diploma or relevant and proven industry experience in Graphic Design, New Media or related.
- Strong Command of Adobe Creative Suite Programs: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Solid understanding of print pre-press, web graphic specifications.
- Solid understanding of broadcast standards for video.
- An eye for design and understanding and knowledge of design theory, including: layout composition, digital photo manipulation, typography, and vector graphics.
- Ability to sketch and draw freehand is an asset in this position.
The Chosen Candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Using a broad spectrum of sources, research, organize and evaluate the financial capacity and philanthropic interest and affinity of potential donors and leadership volunteers.
- Prepare concise, confidential prospect research briefs, profiles and reports to support the Major Gift Team in donor development.
- Complete special ad-hoc research projects to support donor development and fundraising strategy.
- Conduct ongoing media scanning to monitor relevant news, people, events, issues, trends and within and beyond our communities that impact our fundraising strategies to provide timely, actionable information and insights.
Prospect and Pipeline Administration
- Prepare and analyze reports on pipeline status.
- Track and report on research KPIs.
- Create and maintain research, pipeline tools and templates as required.
- Maintain an awareness of best practices in prospect research, management and pipeline development through ongoing professional development and networking.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated experience in prospect management including prospect identification, tracking, clearance and general pipeline analysis
- Relevant experience in a not-for-profit organization with a solid understanding of the following:
- major gift operations and business practices
- prospect research techniques and experience in using a broad spectrum of sources to identify and evaluate prospects to support strategy formulation and decision making at all stages of the pipeline
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and its applications, internet and research sources and databases
- Problem-solving skills required to surface, analyze, synthesize and interpret data to make connections for actionable insight
The ChosenCandidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Passion for creativity and design.
- Desire for continuous learning of new design skills based on current technology and trends.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with a number of departments and team members.
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines even with short turnaround times.
- Able to set and manage priorities.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Applications must include a current resume, portfolio links and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of your knowledge of Crossroads and why you feel you would be a good fit for our team and faith based culture. Applications will be received no later than March 10, 2019 and should be addressed to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resource
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.