Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
has an exciting employment opportunity!
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing faith and values media content for people of all ages providing relevant messages of faith and inspiration for millions of Canadians. Our mission is to help people of every age and stage become followers of Jesus Christ through inspired media. We are currently looking to add a dynamic individual to our Production team for the full-time permanent position of:
Guesting Chase Producer
100 Huntley Street
Purpose of Position:
The position holds a key role in the coordination and organization of program requirements which are necessary to meet the planned goals and objectives of each show. Additional to the administrative responsibilities, will be to chase relevant, interesting guests, and identify popular trends, stories and news for 100 Huntley Street and therefore has a significant impact on audience growth and viewer retention.
This position reports directly to the Senior Producer with day to day direction from the Lead Guesting Chase Producer.
- Coordinate booking requirements for guest appearances on the program.
- Prepare guests and hosts with pertinent information for the segment.
- Network with relevant contacts to guest the show with celebrities, local pastors, national and local organizations and great faith stories.
- Generate and Pitch ideas in guesting meetings related to national news, faith stories, celebrities and cultural trends.
- Share the responsibility of sourcing and scheduling guests.
- Book guest travel arrangements to include flights hotel and ground transportation details.
- Assist in organization flow of production workload with Senior Producer and Line Producer.
- Provide research and obtain bios of guests and any background notes to prep hosts with information.
- Research and prep hosts with information.
- Organize wardrobe schedules.
- Prepare weekly production schedules (including make-up, schedule information for hosts, e-store lists, and daily guest info for web/tele-ministry.
- Update website with guest information.
- Meet and greet guests.
- Maintain a comprehensive contact list of guests.
- Research news and current affairs and social media stories to pitch ideas.
- Other duties as required.
- Community College related courses
- Journalistic or broadcast experience
The Chosen Candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong Administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially on the telephone and via email
- Demonstrated organizational skills, especially when multitasking with attention to detail
- Excellent Networking skills
- Proficient with social media
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to take direction, work proactively and independently while being motivated by team goals
- Ability to prioritize daily responsibilities
- Curious and Insightful
- Communicative and highly responsive
- Strong Chasing skills-Tenacious approach in securing guests
- A passion and interest for current events/affairs and someone who stays well informed
- Outgoing with a positive friendly manner and a professional demeanor
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission:
With inspired media we will help people of all ages and stages become followers of Jesus Christ.
Applications must include a current resume, and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith-based mission. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Applications should be addressed to the attention of:
Michael Wright, Senior Producer
Applications internally and externally will be considered. Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. is an Employment Equity Employer.