Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
has the following position available
Manager of Information Technology
This position is responsible to ensure the organization maintains technology which benefits our employees and compliments the many facets of the Ministry. We are looking for a qualified candidate to lead the IT team and to serve the organization as a hands on network expert who will also be responsible to analyze, implement and maintain the right technology and hardware for our ever changing, dynamic environment.
Reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with the Executive team to define a growth plan through new and existing technologies for Crossroads and YES TV that will ensure that both organizations continue their growth given the changing landscape in broadcast as well as developments in constituent communication and engagement.
- Provide visible leadership as the technological contact for the organization within the technology community.
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Work cross-functionally with Research, Marketing and Operations to maximize use of technology to fulfill the organizational mission.
- Establish technical standards and ensure implementation of formal processes to support technology.
- Develop new practices that are fueled by volunteer and pro bono expertise coming alongside existing and new employees.
- Build and manage a top-notch technology team and oversee research and development, as well as project management.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology resources to meet operational requirements and for financial performance.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Align all market facing functions to our shared growth objectives.
- Provide leadership to the IT team.
- Develop and enforce policies relating to IT security and processes.
- Determine roles and responsibilities within the technological team.
- Participate in the goal setting and measurement of IT functions in collaboration with the senior management
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, for all technology development.
- Responsible for maintenance and update processes
- Determine and coordinate technology training requirements for employees.
- Provide recommendations on Technology investments.
- Create and Manage annual technology budget.
- Oversee the maintenance and upgrading of all equipment as required.
- Approve new software releases and upgrades.
- Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network
- Monitor changing network technology and deliver a technology update to the executive team each quarter
- Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis
- Determine the rationale and methods for upgrading company network software programs each time an update is released
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachleor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 5 years managing IT and network infrastructure in a mid-sized, multi-faceted company.
- Able to lead and manage all of the IT and network needs of Crossroads and its related entities utilizing existing staff.
- Work in a team environment, and communicate effectively to senior management the IT needs and issues that arise.
- Understand new technology trends and application of them to the current environment with good ROI analysis
The Chosen Candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- A lifetime learner
- Strategic planning skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to Multi task
- Problem solving skills
- Be a servant and hands on leader
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed
Applications must include a current resume, and a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s culture. Applications will be received no later than August 17, 2018 and should be addressed to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources