Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
has an exciting employment opportunity!
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages providing relevant messages of faith and inspiration for millions of Canadians. We are currently looking to add a dynamic individual to our Marketing and Communications team for the full-time permanent position of:
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission:
With inspired media we will help people of all ages and stages become followers of Jesus Christ.
Due to the nature of this position and the Christian faith-based content focus, it is essential that the successful candidate support the work of Crossroads Christian Communications, be familiar with and aligned to Christian ideology that inspires and informs our mission and vision. If you desire to use your creative skills to create content to make the name of Jesus famous, we encourage you to apply. A cover letter must accompany your resume which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization based on these requirements.
Purpose of Position:
The Marketing Assistant position exists to support Marketing and Communications goals for Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. The Marketing Assistant will help proclaim the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout Canada and the world. The Marketing Assistant will apply vision, mission, goals and strategies to brand and development plans including online, offline and broadcast creative, digital and video production.
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Collaborate with the marketing team, internal teams, clients and partners on marketing strategy.
- Help identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
- Learn and work with various types of software for digital marketing.
- Develop and implement marketing materials and plans.
- Conduct market research to establish customer trends and habits.
- Promote brand awareness through marketing efforts.
- Create marketing materials for our website, print and other marketing platforms.
- Assist with the analyses of marketing data, including campaign results, conversion rates, and online traffic in order to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Help develop marketing materials including brochures, PowerPoint presentations, blogs, news releases, digital campaigns, print ads and more.
- Build email campaigns using Constant.
- Conduct research, track and analyze data providing insights to the team.
- Report campaign results.
- Take high quality photos of special events, broadcasts, etc. and maintain photo archive.
- Ensure brand is accurate and updated on websites, update sliders and post blogs using WordPress.
- Attend sponsored events or help with in-house events, set up booth, manage promotional materials and engage with public – includes evenings and weekends (approximately 10%).
- Monitor and recommend improvements to strategy of websites and digital media platforms for development purposes.
- Providing administrative support: book meetings, prepare PO’s, cheque requisitions and track orders and invoices.
- General office duties including ordering, printing, pickups and running errands.
- Attend weekly stand up meetings.
- Manage and report on any course correction measures or deviations.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma or relevant and proven industry experience in journalism, marketing, development or communications
- At least 2 years of marketing (digital and traditional) in a corporate, charity or agency environment with at least 2 years copywriting. Solid experience developing campaigns to support business goals
- Experience using analytics software
The Chosen Candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Passion for Christian evangelism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM and CMS software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Photography experience or willingness and aptitude to learn
- Video shooting/editing/producing would be a bonus
- Must have a valid G license and access to a vehicle
- Comfortable attending events and representing the organization to the public including praying for/with people in public
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs on occasion
- Strategic problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Big picture thinker, anticipates roadblocks or other challenges and can course correct
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Group RSP contributions
- Paid time off benefits
- Open office, friendly, collaborative and high energy environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
How to Apply
Send resume and a cover letter to Amy Laforet, Director Marketing and Communications
Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. We thank all applicants in advance but due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted.
Applications internally and externally will be considered. Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. is an Employment Equity Employer.