Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
is looking for an experienced payroll clerk who is enthusiastic and customer service minded for the position of:
Payroll Clerk/HR Assistant
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission: With inspired media we will help people of all ages and stages become followers of Jesus Christ.
Applications must include a current resume, and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith based culture. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Reports directly to the Payroll and Benefits Manager
This position is key to the service and support of Crossroads Christian Communications employees, ensuring that compensation and employment administrative matters are handled in a professional and timely manner with attention to good communication, accuracy and confidentiality. Most important to this position is the deep-rooted understanding that HR is viewed as a ministry opportunity within our organizations, with a focus on ensuring that people feel respected and valued in all dealings.
Areas of Responsibility: (in order of priority)
- Assist and act as back up for semi-monthly payroll for both salary and hourly employees.
- Assist with recruitment and hiring procedures.
- Provide clerical support.
- Provide assistance with event planning and execution.
Specific Job Duties:
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring payroll entries are accurate and completed within the Time and Attendance records prior to payroll processing.
- Send out reminders or other communications to ensure employees have updated their timesheets or time off information prior to payroll input date.
- Process payroll on a semimonthly cycle.
- Create cheque requisitions.
- Assist employees with addressing any issues within the Time and Attendance system of record, Ceridian Dayforce.
- Assist with developing Position Guides.
- Assist with posting open positions.
- Track and compile applicants and assist with screening incoming candidates.
- Schedule face-to-face interviews and coordinate with interviewers.
- Assist in the execution of written offers of employment and all associated paperwork.
- Complete new hire forms for IT, ensure the employee is added to all intercompany contact lists.
- Assist with creating orientation schedules and act as liaison on employees first day.
- Assist with helping to onboard summer students, interns, and volunteers.
- Complete template agreements for freelance and contract workers.
- Maintain HR report files for annual audit. i.e. hires/terminations.
- Maintain monthly headcount analysis report.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies including health and safety and other areas as directed.
- Draft general forms, letters, reports and memos as directed.
- Organize and maintain physical personnel records and files.
- Update and maintain company handbook on policies and procedures.
- Maintain vacation accrual records and annual vacation entitlement spreadsheet.
- Assist with event planning for staff functions, luncheons etc.
- Assist auditors by providing requested information during annual audits.
- Conduct research into updates on Federal Labour Code and other employment related regulatory information.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certificate or working toward certification
- Advanced working knowledge of time & attendance software, (Ceridian Dayforce preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years direct Canadian Payroll experience, preferably using Ceridian.
- Experience providing HR administrative support in a high volume environment
- Able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Sound analytical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, and execution skills
- Proficient in Word/Excel or equivalent G Suite products
- Excellent researching skills
- Good Listener
- Attention to detail
- Professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Service oriented
- Problem solver
- Lifelong learner
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
Applications will be received no later than November 15, 2018 and should be addressed to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.