Purpose of Position:
The Prospect Research Coordinator will be responsible for developing and leading the prospect research and pipeline management function of the major Gifts Program. They are a key member of the Major Gifts Team, providing strategic and actionable information to drive donor development efforts to meet revenue goals while ensuring active pipeline management through monitoring, analysis, and reporting. The Research Coordinator supports a Major Gifts Team of five in addition to needs of the CEO and group of leadership volunteers.
This position reports directly to the Teleministry Supervisor
Holds the responsibility for developing and leading the prospect research and pipeline management function of the Major Gifts Program.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement proactive prospecting methodologies to identify potential major gift donors.
- Proactively identify and rate major gift prospects using internal information sources and leads and external sources of publicly available information.
- Develop and manage prospect coordination (clearance) process to support the Major Gifts Team and leadership volunteers.
Prospect Research and Analysis
- Using a broad spectrum of sources, research, organize and evaluate the financial capacity and philanthropic interest and affinity of potential donors and leadership volunteers.
- Prepare concise, confidential prospect research briefs, profiles and reports to support the Major Gift Team in donor development.
- Complete special ad-hoc research projects to support donor development and fundraising strategy.
- Conduct ongoing media scanning to monitor relevant news, people, events, issues, trends and within and beyond our communities that impact our fundraising strategies to provide timely, actionable information and insights.
Prospect and Pipeline Administration
- Prepare and analyze reports on pipeline status.
- Track and report on research KPIs.
- Create and maintain research, pipeline tools and templates as required.
- Maintain an awareness of best practices in prospect research, management and pipeline development through ongoing professional development and networking.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated experience in prospect management including prospect identification, tracking, clearance and general pipeline analysis
- Relevant experience in a not-for-profit organization with a solid understanding of the following:
- major gift operations and business practices
- prospect research techniques and experience in using a broad spectrum of sources to identify and evaluate prospects to support strategy formulation and decision making at all stages of the pipeline
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and its applications, internet and research sources and databases
- Problem-solving skills required to surface, analyze, synthesize and interpret data to make connections for actionable insight
The ChosenCandidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to work independently to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Professional maturity and ability to manage confidential information and exercise good judgement
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills with an attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- Entrepreneurial nature
- Stress tolerant and goal oriented
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Group RSP
- Paid time off benefits
- This position is compatible with a work-at-home structure
How to Apply
If you are passionate about media missions and inspired to apply a laser like focus to major gift funding as part of a dedicated, donor centered team please send your resume and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith based culture to:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resource
Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed
Applications internally and externally will be considered. Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. is an Employment Equity Employer.