Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
has the following position available
Crossroads Christian Communications is accepting applications for an exciting and impactful role within our Development Department. If you are looking for a position that is aligned with your faith and values, will leverage your mastery of social media and research skills and you are eager to make a difference by finding new partners to fund and support the growing ministry of Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. we encourage you to apply!
The Development Department is responsible for raising private funding from individuals, corporations and foundations to support our media mission. The Major Gifts program is responsible for 40%+ of that revenue and growing.
The Prospect Researcher will support the growth of our Major Gifts portfolio by actively identifying, qualifying and researching individuals, foundations, and corporate donors and providing these lists to our front-line fundraiser team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect Research (60%): Identify new and active prospects by researching and analyzing individuals (major and legacy), foundations, and corporations using a variety of sources and tools, including online databases, in-house files, reference materials and other sources to determine their potential interest in Crossroads, giving capacity, cause affinity, propensity to donate and connections to existing Crossroads donors and friends.
- Prospect Management (30%): Produce detailed prospect management and tracking reports to the team at regularly scheduled team meetings and as requested
- Other Research Assigned Duties (10%)
Education and experience
- College or university degree
- Minimum three years relevant experience in fundraising research, corporate marketing research or investigative journalism
- Knowledge of the Canadian economic & philanthropic landscape is an asset
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Results-focused, proactive and analytical professional skilled in prospect research
- Skillful in drafting and editing research and briefing materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient database user, knowledge of Donor Perfect is an asset
- Proficient in prospect research tools, including iWave, Grant Advance and other useful analytics tools
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities that lead to accurate and timely results
- Highly curious and strategic mindset
- Tact, diplomacy, sound judgment and demonstrated commitment to professional ethics and safeguarding donor confidentiality at all times
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and follow through
- Affinity for fundraising
- Aptitude for logical thinking and tendency to work proactively
- Demonstrated attention to detail and highly organized; accurate & structured working style, resourceful, creative, and adaptive
- Team player yet able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Must identify with and support the values upheld by Crossroads
Applications must include a current resume, and a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s culture. Applications should be addressed to the attention of: