Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
We are looking for someone who feels called to equip and mentor
an army of prayer warriors to fill the position of
in the Crossroads Prayer Centre
The Volunteer Liaison position equips, trains, motivates and supports home and in-Centre volunteers to ensure adherence to the guidelines and standards for the Prayer Lines. This position equips volunteer Ministry Prayer Representatives (MPR) and Prayer Partners with ongoing tools and support, and in so doing contributes to the delivery of a consistent and effective prayer ministry that aligns with, reflects, and supports the overall Crossroads mandate.
Reports directly to the Manager of the Prayer Centre.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Train new volunteer MPRs which includes training them on the use of the necessary technical platforms for the Call Centre for both off-site and in-Centre volunteers.
- Encourage, equip, coach and motivate home/off-site volunteers and provide technical and coaching support.
- Implement changes to the Coaching Program as needed to ensure continued relevance and alignment.
- Ensure all Prayer call statistics are captured to create, maintain and provide tools to support and enhance a successful constituent prayer experience.
- Support individual requests for coaching and mentoring.
- Develop initiatives to encourage new Volunteer MPR and Prayer Partner growth.
- Ensure technical support for Volunteer MPRs across all media platforms that are used.
- Inspire consistent and excellent constituent prayer experience.
- Develop and implement orientation and training processes and policies for all Volunteer MPR and Prayer Partners.
- Administer the Ministry Prayer Centre Coaching Program (Coaching Program) for all Volunteer Prayer Representatives.
- Cultivate a clear understanding of the core ministry guidelines and standards to all volunteers and deliver relevant coaching support that motivates adherence to those guidelines and standards.
- Consistently communicate with all home volunteers to encourage, equip, motivate and coach them as needed and retain data on such interaction.
- Regularly communicate with all Volunteer MPRs for ongoing mentoring and relationship building.
- Educate volunteers on application of the guidelines and standards through periodic communication on pertinent topics.
- Mentor volunteers to ensure adherence to the ministry guidelines and standards.
- Encourage Volunteer MPRs and Volunteer Prayer Partners in areas of strength and motivate adjustments in areas where alignment is needed.
- Help develop initiatives for new volunteers, including the Annual Volunteer Celebration week.
- Enhance the Coaching Program to support changing ministry needs and to initiate and develop opportunities to grow the volunteer base.
- Ensure a complete capture of caller statistics from home volunteers and ensure data entry of such.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bible College or Seminary training.
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience and volunteer supervision
- Excellent Administrative skills
The Chosen Candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including active listening skills and good articulation
- Have an encouraging and inspiring personality
- Be a servant leader
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Comprehension of office management systems
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Have a committed personal prayer life
Applications must include a current resume, and a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith-based culture. Applications will be received no later than July 27, 2018 and should be addressed to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, Human Resources
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.