What is Castle
BY JOEL AUGÉ
CROSSROADS’ CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER
It’s thought that Albert Einstein coined the phrase,
“Creativity is intelligence having fun.”
Then perhaps, inspiration is intelligence from God.
We’re creatively-minded people at Crossroads, using inspired media to point people toward a King—Jesus. We believe life in God’s Kingdom is filled with creativity, fun and inspiration at every turn. And when we’re
thinking about life’s biggest questions – like who we are, where we came from, and why we matter – we need to engage our brain and our heart for the answers.
The quest for meaning and purpose is a beautiful discovery that can begin in the CASTLE.
Think of Castle as a social viewing network where you can pray, ask questions, and connect with others in conversation while watching inspired media content. It’s the first of its kind, and in the same way Crossroads pioneered call-in response Christian television over 40 years ago, we’re adapting the concept for a digital era to reach millions for Christ.
WHAT CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE ON CASTLE?
Crossroads will curate a selection of media from its wide collection of documentaries, talk shows, children’s programs, dramas, comedies and docu-reality series, in addition to exceptionally-produced, inspired media from content producers around the world.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
Once the Castle app has been downloaded to your smart phone, smart TV or laptop/computer, you can begin watching Castle content instantly. At specific moments throughout the viewing experience, you will be prompted to connect online with someone to discuss your spiritual questions and ask if you’d like prayer.
WHY ARE WE LAUNCHING CASTLE?
Inspired media should entertain and challenge you. We feel it’s important to provide a way for viewers to spiritually respond to the content they’re watching. Castle is a place for asking questions, prayer, and to deepen your understanding about who God is, and why making him King in your life is the best decision you can make. The Castle is open for you. The King wants to meet you.
Share this entry
- Canada West Outreach – From Manitoba to British ColumbiaJuly 2, 2019 - 4:22 pm
- Rev. David Mainse Best Blog of The Year Award – Thank YouJuly 5, 2019 - 10:47 am
- Canada Cares – Crossroads media challenges Canadian faith community to actMay 27, 2019 - 12:50 pm
- Prayer RepairApril 25, 2019 - 2:44 pm
- Growing a New “Child” in Our Media Mission of CastleApril 30, 2019 - 11:34 am
- Alaska Highway, Northern British Columbia, June 19-25July 10, 2019 - 12:01 pm
- Love In Action: Bringing Fresh Food To Our Indigenous CommunitiesApril 30, 2019 - 3:50 pm
- Media Mentorship Program for Indigenous YouthApril 3, 2019 - 3:18 pm
- Crossroads Cares – Every Drop Counts UpdateMarch 12, 2019 - 11:05 am
- BC Mission to 5 Indigenous CommunitiesOctober 11, 2018 - 2:56 pm
PO Box 5100
Burlington, ON L7R4M2
Western Canada Office
839 - 5 Avenue S.W, Suite 100B
Calgary, AB T2P 3C8
Cindy Melnichuk, Western Partner Representative
24/7 Prayer Lines:
Email: [email protected]